Tales of love, friendship, and everything in between.

At first, my blog was basically complaints, but then I realized nobody wants to sit there and read about my whining. Plus, I'm really not THAT negative a person. Enjoy.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

The 78th Oscars

Yes, it's 10:03 and the Oscars haven't even been given to the last four or five categories, but I'm still here bringing you up-to-the-moment coverage. Just kidding. I don't think I'm Anderson Cooper or anything. Okay, okay, first, who won?

-Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote) as BEST ACTOR.

-Reese Witherspoon (Walk the Line) as BEST ACTRESS.

-George Clooney (Syriana) as BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR.

-Rachel Weisz (The Constant Gardner) as BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS.

-Ang Lee (Brokeback Mountain) as BEST DIRECTOR.

-March of the Penguins as BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE.

-"It's hard out here for a pimp" by 3 6 Mafia (Hustle & Flow) as BEST SONG.

-Crash as BEST PICTURE.

-Crash as BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY.

-Brokeback Mountain as BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY.

Do you really care about the rest??? Probably not. Anyway, the host for the evening was Jon Stewart. He was at, I'm sorry to say, less than his normal hilarity. Was is just me, or could there have been a TINY BIT less Jewish jokes? "Dradle-off"? Come on, Jon!

Just gotta say, for the record, I was 100% pro-Crash all night for every nomination and I'm ECSTATIC that it won best picture and best screenplay. I wish Matt Dillon would have gotten Best Supporting Actor, though. And I thought that the song was way better than the one that won.

To tell you guys the truth, I was expecting Brokeback to win. I didn't want it to, but I was expecting it to. Just for the fact that it's about two gay cowboys. A) Whoever is willing to make that movie and act in it should get some kind of recognition, B) I thought that if it didn't win, everyone's gonna blame it on that it's about 2 gay cowboys and call the Academy biased or something stupid, instead of looking at the actual movie.

As for the acting oscars, Philip, Reese, and George were expected. Rachel Weisz was a pleasant surprise.

Aight, aight, I'm just gonna come out and say it: I felt that the Academy was being completely politically correct instead of objective this year. Seriously, it's like, stop avoiding the movies that are due the recognition because you don't want to be controversial. And I'm not alone on this, I was discussing it with my friend Heidi and she totally agreed with me. Oh, you want an example? Do you really want to be reminded of the 3 6 Mafia incident? For real, the girl singing in the background of that song was annoying as crap and you couldn't even understand the guys rapping. It's like, ARE THOSE WORDS?!!!! I know it was probably just the performance, because the original, studio-recorded song isn't that bad. But the Crash song clearly was the best choice. (All respect to Dolly, too, but it sounds like a bunch of other songs she's made.)

Anyway, that was my Oscar rant. That wasn't even including the fashion part of it. That takes more research, cuz I only watched 30 minutes of the red carpet and it was all basically of the back of Jessica Alba's head. When I look at some Eonline pics, I'll let you know who I think had the top looks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home