Tales of love, friendship, and everything in between.

At first, my blog was basically complaints, but then I realized nobody wants to sit there and read about my whining. Plus, I'm really not THAT negative a person. Enjoy.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Eh... A List of Five... and One.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, for those of you who have seen the facebook picture of this little guy:



know that I am not in the best of spirits lately. And instead of boring you with long paragraphs on why, I've decided to make a list:

1. My hand hurts (I cut it with a PLASTIC knife right in the middle of my palm so now I can't reach beyond the W on the keyboard with my left hand; and it's diminished to becoming not "Ayah's Hand" but "The claw" (the claw being my thumb and forefinger being used for everything because if I stretch out the rest of my hand, it hurts like HELL. This'll teach me to eat bagels on Maggie's Bagel Wednesdays again).

2. My dad may come back later than planned (apparently something needs tending in Egypt --I don't really know the whole story, but I do know that that's one more week without one of the only people I still like).

3. They're using puppies to smuggle heroine now. PUPPIES! Apparently, Narcs got their hands on 65 POUNDS of liquid heroine stitched into the inside of 10 puppies' stomachs. What kind of monster would do that to some puppies? That's just too fricken sad, man.

4. I don't think I can trust anyone. That's right, no one. The statement may exclude some people, but in general, I'm done thinking that people are actually my friends. Who knows who's talking about you behind your back? It could be anyone. And no one has the hoojees to stand up for you either. It's like everyone expects loyalty and whatnot and no one is ready to give it. It doesn't make any sense to me.

5. This is the saddest one: the highlight of my day is coming back home to watch Seinfeld, and twice a week, a ray of sunshine after seven: American Idol. And of course Friends are readily available at all times with the help of a little something called buying-all-the-DVDs and Channel 45. Man, it's pathetic, ain't it? It really is, because sometimes I feel like I'd rather just stay in and watch a bunch of people on sitcoms instead of going to interact with actual people. That way you can't get hurt and you can't hurt anyone else.

6. I feel alienated from everyone around me. (Pretty self-explanatory, n'est-ce pas?)


Anyhoo. For those of you still enjoying your life, laugh it up and all the best from someone who's lost hope in humanity.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:16 AM, Blogger Wanksta said…

    yo salams ayah - keep your head up, insha'Allah. it's how you react to adversity, that defines you. perhaps your lucky that Allah has selected you for some difficulty since He presents these as an opportunity to react in the best way, insha'Allah.

    and use mycitracin on your hand - it's my fave disinfectant. it's alternative enough to make me feel like i'm not falling for neosporin's clearly dominant market share and advertising juggernaut. or something. i might have made that up.

    and ditto on the puppies btw - WTHEEZY is THAT all about. sick, i tell you. in the year of the DOG, no less!

    oh - on the friends and trust and loyalty thing - remind me to tell you my thoughts next time i see you. i heard someone say something kinda interesting in a halaqa/khutba about it and thought of it when you wrote what you said.

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger Ayah said…

    Thanks for the insight, Taqee. I really didn't think about it that way.

    I ended up using neosporin cuz it was the only thing in my house and I was too pooped to go to the pharmacy. Next time I cut myself with a blunt object with a wound that won't close, I'll use mycitracin. lol.

    Inshaa Allah I'll see you soon and you can tell me about the khutba.

    Salam

     

Post a Comment

<< Home