Tales of love, friendship, and everything in between.

At first, my blog was basically complaints, but then I realized nobody wants to sit there and read about my whining. Plus, I'm really not THAT negative a person. Enjoy.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

American Idol part II: The Boys!

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the second part of this week's American Idol: the mens' contest. Here are my observations on each contestants: (I dont think this is in the right order, but you'll get the picture)...

1. PATRICK HALL, age 27: Pretty good, likeable, seems a little like a really good wedding singer to me.

2. DAVID RADFORD, age 17: So adorable, and is completely like a crooner from the rat pack. Seems like your friends' little brother. His dimples and haircut make him seem like a cute little boy in your neighborhood. Great voice, btw.

3. BUCK COVINGTON, age 28: EWWWWW! Seriously, you know how Brad Pitt was all pasty and blond in Interview with a Vampire? This guy has that creepy feel without the intensely smoldering sexiness of Brad Pitt. He's just a complete hick and looks like he'd be waiting in the back of a parking lot to kill you with a silver wire. Jeez.

4. KEVIN COVAIS, age 16: I agree with Simon, this dude appeals to 80 year olds. He has no passion in his singing AT ALL, and, sorry to say, but when I saw him first I thought he had some mental postponement. I know, I know, politically incorrect, BLAH BLAH BLAH; but come on, you know what I mean. By the way, this dude has a receding hairline and is 16 for God's sake. Good voice, but he needs to put some major emotion in it. And when he sings, he looks like a little old lady squinting to see something far away.

5. WILL MAKAR, age 16: Is the cutest kid ever! But I don't think his voice is strong enough to pull him through all the way. He's like the kid who's in your high school choir and is really good, always gets solos, etc. He also looks like the main Geek from Freaks and Geeks. Awwwh!

6. JOSE "SWAY" PENALA, age 28: Reminds me of Frankie J. (and I love Frankie J). He sang "Reasons" by Earth, Wind, and Fire. The real amazing part, though, is that he switched between falsetto and natural voice as easy as a nascar driver would switch through lanes. Easier than Prince, the king of falsetto. He's super good. A bit shaky at the beginning, but pulled it through.

7. GEDEON MCKINNEY, age 17: Pretty good. Sang "Shout!" and was pretty smooth, but not a memorable performance by any means. His smile and eyes freak me out though, really. It's like he's a mask from Halloween of a freaky guy standing in the dark with a machete.

8. CHRIS DAUGHTRY, age 26: SUCH A GREAT, POWERFUL, PURE voice!!!!!!! SO good looking, too. Sang "Wanted Dead or Alive" SO well! He's gonna make it far, because he's presentable to all audiences and still has an edge.

9. BOBBY BENNETT, age 19: LOVE his PERSONALITY, HATE his VOICE! He tries to sing Manilow stuff, but I think Manilow's gonna through himself off the top of the Palms when he hears this kid sing his stuff. He sounds like he's trying to be an opera singer for fun, while just chillin with his friends. AND he looks like the evil dude, Professor Ratigan, in The Great Mouse Detective, but more beady-eyed and less Mafia-ish. Can't remember him? here's a pic:


10. ELLIOT YAMIN, age 27: Okay, this guy really displayed his singing chops. Furreal, you know. Great voice, great control, great energy, great likeability. Unfortunately, he mouth looks like someone threw a bunch of broken marbles in his mouth and told him they were his teeth. Poor guy. Oh well, there's always reconstructive surgery.

11. ACE YOUNG, age 25: The heartthrob. He has run-your-hands-through-it-for-hours-on-end hair, and to die for eyes. And here's the clincher: on top of all that, HE CAN SING! DING DING DING, WE'VE GOT A WINNER! Phenomenal, and very packageable. Go, Ace!

12. TAYLOR HICKS, age 29: I HEART THIS DUDE! He is so cool. He seems like such an underdog, but he has a PHENOMENAL, and remember me saying this, because I stand by it, PHENOMENAL VOICE! He's got a shock of grey hair and the sweetest demeanor ever. And the reason I love him so much is this: besides his sweet demeanor, you can tell he damn well LOVES singing for itself! Not for money, not for fame, but for SINGING. I'm totally and completely rooting for this guy. Go, Taylor Hicks!!!

I'll keep y'all updated on AI for the next season. See you next time, guys and gals!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home