Tales of love, friendship, and everything in between.

At first, my blog was basically complaints, but then I realized nobody wants to sit there and read about my whining. Plus, I'm really not THAT negative a person. Enjoy.

Monday, March 13, 2006

The Anti-Love

"What is love?" is a good question to ask. But you'll get a multitude of answers even from a single person. What is the opposite of love? Traditionally, you'd hear "hate". But that's not true. Primetime television is a lot more thoughtful than even I thought. Last night, I was watching Desperate Housewives with a good friend and Marcia Cross' character insightfully "Hate isn't the opposite of love; indifference is. Hate means that I still have a connection with you." Good gravy, Marcia!!! She blew me away (even though I feel that if I try and touch her face, it'll be hard... I dunno why. It looks waxy). I've heard over and over again that there's a fine line between love and hate, but it didn't really click til last night's DH episode. This is SO FRIGGIN TRUE. I was thinking about it, and there are a few people who I am no longer friends with, but I had a long history/deep connection with and I tell myself I shouldn't care about anymore, but I do. It's not even like I want to be friends with these people anymore because I know how treacherous they can be; however, I still find myself being attentive to any conversation that comes up about them. Then after I hear this conversation, I obsess about it to anyone I can trust who'll listen. I can also understand how the glance of indifference from a spouse hurts a lot more than a slap of anger or jealousy. Ah... suddenly a lot of things make sense that I couldn't fully understand. Thank you, ABC. LOL Anyway, I thought I'd share the revelation with everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home