Tales of love, friendship, and everything in between.

At first, my blog was basically complaints, but then I realized nobody wants to sit there and read about my whining. Plus, I'm really not THAT negative a person. Enjoy.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Death, Marriage, Homework, Ballsy Politicians, and more

It's been a while since I've last posted, and I'm sorry to all the people who, while trying to postpone the finishing of any homework they may have, would come and refresh my page only to find the same post. I know how frustrating that can be. A lot has happened in the past few weeks that is worth mentioning (these are chronological, so if they seem in an inappropriate series, forgive me):

Mohamed "Hamada" Embaby passed away on September Seventh. For those of you who don't know him, he is the cousin of Maggie and Ahmed Habashy (and a slew of others), the son of Hajja Samia El-Sawaf, and brother of Marwa and Mayye Embaby. To say the least, his sudden passing has left its mark on our community and he will not be forgotten. Please read Al-Fatiha for him when you have time. Allah yirhammo.

On a brighter, and maybe inappropriately following, note, Allah has brought together a great couple together. Last week, Heidi Abdel Kader and Ahmed "Moochie" ElMoelhi were engaged. Inshaa Allah may they be blessed with a long and happy marriage.

Monday was the anniversary of my friend's brother's killing. Not many people actually know this story. He was on business in Palestine and was in his hotel room, late at night, when Israeli soldiers came into his room, stripped him, and shot him 28 times in the chest. It's been 7 years since this mindless killing of an innocent, and it reminds me every year of what needs to be done in Palestine. I hope that by sharing this story, it inspires some kind of reaction from you as well.

So, as far as school's going, what is with all the reading?!? Does each professor think that I'm only taking his class? Wow... I've spent the last couple of nights away til 5 a.m. reading things that I'm gonna forget in 2 days. Ekh... Stupid busy work.

Have you all been keeping an eye on the news? I've gotta say, I'm so amazed at Ahmedinajad and Hugo Chavez's ballsiness. I was watching their clips from the UN conference yesterday, and I am proud (no matter whether or not I agree with their words) at the fact that they are able to stand up in front of the West and actually voice their opinions. These are men. And don't jump the gun and call me anti-establishment just yet. I'm pro-establishment, but just the right one. These guys are awesome in that they are fearless. So, whether or not you agree with them, you have to commend them for that.

That's about it for now. It's been a pretty eventful first couple of weeks of school. I'll definitely be sure to try to keep this blog up and not be consumed by the 200 pages of reading I have to do each week.

Flower Power! :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home