Tales of love, friendship, and everything in between.

At first, my blog was basically complaints, but then I realized nobody wants to sit there and read about my whining. Plus, I'm really not THAT negative a person. Enjoy.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Disappointment, right vs. popular, etc.

I know I've already written a post about disappointment... but humor me, will ya? It seems that my expectations for people are too damn high. My mom tells me I'm living in a fantasy world. We were discussing friends and reasons people become friends with others. Her school of thought is that, while people search for common ground, life is mostly a popularity contest, and in her experience, it still occurs in middle-aged women.

I believe in being friends with a person, no matter what their origin, familial background, and other obstacles. I treat all my friends with equal love and respect, no matter what their economic or educational background is. Of course, friendships are easier with people of the same socio-economic and educational background, but those two things don't stop me from making someone my friend. As long as we connect and have basic beliefs, or equal respect for each other's differing beliefs so that our belief systems do not infringe on one another, then I can be friends with this person.

My mom said "inti 7asba 7isbitik '3alat", meaning "you made the wrong calculations"... and likens me to my father. Our thoughts and beliefs are noble, but most others don't have that kind of strong hold and positivity about others and life. And no matter how much I say I am sick of dealing with others and that I trust no one anymore, I will continue trying to see the good in people. Maybe I am wishful to a fault in that sense. But when someone is brought up a certain way, or believes in honor, dignity, and straightforwardness to a certain degree, then they believe that everyone is like them. Unfortunately, experience has taught me that not too many people are honorable, dignified, or straight forward. Even people who claim to be closer to you that yourself can let their innate jealousy and/or personal issues skew their friendship with you and they end up ass-raping you for no reason. AND YOU STILL GIVE THEM THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT!

Maybe I'm way too naive for my own good. Maybe I'm just looking for what's not there. Because people want to be good, but sometimes they are taken in a wrong path. Inshaa Allah, Allah will show everyone the right path to follow.
The honorable, straight-forward path.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home