Tales of love, friendship, and everything in between.

At first, my blog was basically complaints, but then I realized nobody wants to sit there and read about my whining. Plus, I'm really not THAT negative a person. Enjoy.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Holiday Season

So, I've decided to change the content of my Blog. No one wants to sit there and read about my whining everyday --not even me. Plus, how can I be negative on my blog every day if it's Christmas time? Sure, I'm Muslim, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the mood of Christmas! Everyone is in such good spirits, everything is covering in a blanket of beautiful white snow (that I hate driving in, but LOVE looking at), and the cheer is tangible in the air... and you can never forget the MUSIC! Who doesn't love XMas music?! You'd be coldhearted if you didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling in your stomach when you hear "Sleigh Ride" or "White Christmas" by Bing Crosby. Even "Silent Night" is good if it's by the right artist coughBOYZIIMENcough! I love those old school versions of the Xmas songs by Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, and the like... they are just so contentment-inducing. I'm pretty sure even the meanest among us cheers for Rudolph when they listen to Burl Ives' version of his song. Plus, it allows grown men to sing about something being "gay" and we actually think they mean "happy" instead of homosexual. And, really, who doesn't like Santa? Santa Claus is so cute and congenial. Awwwwh! I understand that he's a Coca Cola fabrication, however, the commerciality of Christmas is was makes it so easily universal. Would I like Xmas if all the songs were like "Holy Jesus angels sing around you, praise the lord"? C'mon, it would annoy the hell out of every one who isn't Christian if that's what Christmas was about, commercially. Imagine going in a store and hearing "Silent Night" or some hymn instead of "Rockin Around the Christmas Tree". It would be so weird. Way to alienate customers. I forgot the movies, too. They are so awesome. How great are the Home Alone movies? Or watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas for the umpteenth time. There's nothing like the tradition of watching Christmas movie after Christmas movie while you're in your pajamas on winter vacation. Ahhh..... Anyway, I love the holiday season. All the way from the first slice of turkey on the Thanksgiving until the last glass of (faux) champagne is downed on the morning of the New Year. Now remember to listen "Jingle Bell Rock" while you're plowing through the newly-fallen snow on your respective campuses. Just enjoy Xmas while it's here. Soon it'll be summer and 100 degrees. Happy holidays!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I love Christmastime! :-D I have decorated my dorm, Ayah.. and there's Christmas music playing. I can't wait 'til we bust out of school for break and get to go see Keith with Mere. Have a great day!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home